Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A little bit about me

I'm guessing that most of you already know who I am, but in case anyone is new out there I'll give you a quick overview.
My name is Davan. (You say Dav-in)
I'M GOING TO OMAN NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a little excited about it.
I'm 15 years old.
I'm home schooled. In Oman I will be attending school, of course, but here I get to learn math while wearing pajamas! Home schooling is especially nice now that I'm learning Arabic, because I can devote a good portion of my time to learning random Arabic words (such as shajara, which means tree) and learning more about Oman. I am by no means an expert on either though!
I do aerial dance. It is a little like Cirque Du Soleil, if you have ever seen that. I am part of a troop called the Zig Zags and we put on a show every year using acting, tumbling, dance, fabric and trapeze.
I am really interested in foreign cultures and international relations. I guess that one isn't very surprising! I am especially interested in African and Muslim countries because I feel that they are often misrepresented. 
Here at home I am vegetarian, but I will probably have to be flexible on that when I'm in Oman.
And there you have it, I little bit about who I am! I hope you enjoy following along on my great adventure.

1 comment:

  1. I do enjoy following along. And I bet those that find you blog in future years will like being able to follow along here as they follow in you foot steps in their own exchange adventures.

    ReplyDelete