Sunday, October 13, 2013

Long awaited post!

So, I haven't written a blog post in about a month, and I've officially been in Oman for a month and three weeks! Wow! It both feels like I've lived here forever and like I got here only a few days ago. I'll just do a quick recap of what has been happening, then hopefully I'll get back into the habit of blogging.
I've had a bit of a rough first month and a half. Of course, there have been outstanding good parts. Going to Dubai for visas (and subsequently having a blast with both yes and nsliy girls), making Omani friends, moving into a great host family with many young siblings, picking up snippets of conversation in Arabic and adjusting to a school have been among them. And yes, I did switch host families. My first family were great people, but for various reasons it simply didn't work out. I am currently sharing a host family with Mae for a little while, and they are simply awesome! I have three sisters ages 2, 10 and 12 and a brother who is 7. We have a blast all the time, and the three weeks I've spent with them will certainly be a time to remember. Pretty soon, though, I'm scheduled to get my own, permanent family. I can't wait to find out who they are!
School has been a challenge as well. As a life long homeshooler it was certainly an adjustment to sit in a class all day long. I think I am starting to fit in more now, though. Plus, it is very fun to make Omani friends in my classes!
Stay tuned for another blog post, hopefully with pictures! (My laptop has been malfunctioning and won't allow me to upload pictures. Inshallah that will get sorted out soon!)

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you. Hope you can blog more.. with pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope those computer problems get straighten out! I know how frustrating they can be. Love you see you post. Keep it up if you can.

    ReplyDelete